1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wave Sound not listed in Insert Ojbect

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rsabella, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsabella

rsabella Thread Starter

I'm using Vista Home Edition and Microsoft Word 2007. I used to be able to click on INsert, then Object and choose Wave Sound. Up would pop up my sound recorder .. no problem. Now Wave Sound has disappeared from the Objects list. I checked other MS programs such as PPT and Excel. Same thing! I can open up Sound Recorder on its own though under Start >> Accessories.

2. jason.m

jason.m

I believe they removed that option in the 2007 series of office. Try this instead.

Start up Sound Recorder (Start >> Accessories like you said). Record your sound clip and save it to your documents folder.

Then in Word 2007, Go to Insert, Then Object Then Click on the "Create From File" tab and insert the file you saved in the previous step :)

3. rsabella

rsabella Thread Starter

Thank you for such a quick response .. i was aware of that option although didn't want to go through all the steps, the other way was so simple. I was not aware, however, that i was looking for an option that didn't exist, at least i know it wasn't me .. thanks again. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice