Wavy Lines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holtzmjh

Quick question: My monitor gets wavy lines running across the bottom when I open up browser windows and such. I think it is from some interference from the electrical wires in the wall. I have updated my graphics drivers and tried a few other things. I know that I can lower the refresh rate (currently 75), but I would rather not go any lower. I would also like to avoid moving it. I have had the monitor in the same position for about 6 months with no problems and now all of the sudden I get these wavy lines. Does any one know something I can do? Thanks.

If your monitor worked fine for 6 months in the exact position its in. I would start thinking what was done in the last 6 months?

Are your speakers next to the monitor?
New electrical wiring in your house?
New electronic components nearby?

I cant say i want to rule out the monitor itself. If you have an extra monitor see if it duplicates the problem. If there is no problem with the other monitor. My best advice would be the monitor is starting to go south.

Hope this helps!
rockinmale:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online