1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Way to tell Domain users what groups to start off with.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by StumpedTechy, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Okay I have been making User accounts for awhile but i have a question when it comes to this one. When I copy a user account I get the same groups and permissions. Okay fine and dandy. If not and I make a new user I only get the Domain\Users group then have to manually add in the other groups. Is there any way to change this functionality to add more groups on creation without resorting to copying?

This stems from the deny local login question I posted. I can deny login by a global group but then this means every new User ID HAS to be in that group or else it won't deny the new hires.

E.G. I set the local setting for the front desk PC's to deny log on locally for anyone who is in the Non-front desk global group. This means all users currently on our domain has to have this global group added to their user account except the ID's we want to log in. This also means all new creations should have this by default.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    maybe a windows script. I have done those before. I can see if I still have mine, and if so I will modify it for you and send it.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Yeah I wanted to change the default action of the right click new user though. Not force my facility to be using yet another of my scripts LOL. I am sure I could whip up something in vbs to interface with AD and new user creation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice