1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Way too many BSOD's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Xenii, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenii

Xenii Thread Starter

I have been getting ALOT of BSOD's, my computer works perfectly fine in-between. I usually get them while playing Mass Effect 2 and also i get them randomly on websites ( youtube, futureshop). It has been getting increasingly annoying as i have gotten about 6 today. I think it is HDD related.:mad::(

He is the minidump

Attached Files:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I looked at about 10 of the logs, they look random, but most point to hardware. I would test the memory using Memtest86: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso Download the bootable iso (zip), unzip it, and burn it (burn, not copy) to a CD or DVD. Boot your computer from the CD/DVD and let Memtest86 run for several hours. There should be no red errors.

I would also check the power supply voltages. There is usually a PC Health page in the BIOS Setup utility to display them, or you can use a software utility such as Speedfan (though this is sometimes not accurate).

Also, ensure you don't have any anti-virus programs running other than Norton/Symantec.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!