WD blue 1TB M.2 2280, 100% disk. blue screen

aveugle

so the problem i am having is a bit of a wild one. i hope its not my hardware but rather the software that maybe having problems.

i can use my pc look at videos look around at all the apps and even play games the odd part happens when i try to move around in send game. my FPS drops sometimes to 0 sometimes just lower 20's my temps are fine and its games ive played fine for years my pc is cleaned of dust and my temps are fine. the disk how ever is at 100% ive looked around and it does not seem to be a app or program ramping up randomly or things open in the background or even updates its 70% of the time what ever app i happen to be using. i have ran MiniToool Partiton Wizard Free 12.5, UserBenchmark, CrystalDsikInfo. all of witch came back saying the drive was in good health. also if i say watch a YouTube video and play fallout 76 at the same time i will blue screen with the code coming up as memory management or somthing like that but this is not always the code it will give.
PC Parts:
Mother bored: Asus ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Memory Kit: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB
Drive: WDC WDS100T2B0B-00YS70 1TB

sorry for the way i type, i know its bad ;-;

Pay attention to the error messages and error codes. They are the key to identifying the problem. Report all the error messages and codes you encounter.

Since you said memory management is one of the error message you get sometimes. Go download memtest86. Use Rufus to put that iso onto a USB memory stick. Boot the stick and let the test run for at least 2 hrs. Any errors mean you ram is bad.

aveugle

Pay attention to the error messages and error codes. They are the key to identifying the problem. Report all the error messages and codes you encounter.

Since you said memory management is one of the error message you get sometimes. Go download memtest86. Use Rufus to put that iso onto a USB memory stick. Boot the stick and let the test run for at least 2 hrs. Any errors mean you ram is bad.
i will need to give this a try tomorrow, one thing i have been doing is when my pc is no longer usable due to 100% disk ill shut it down and take the M.2 out check the contacts and put it back sometimes it fixes it only for it to come back later.

aveugle

no error's

aveugle

update: after taking out the GTX 1060 i added a GTX 750 TI
for two days ive played games non of the crashing blue screens or disk spikes have happened
is there somthing i could do? to find out why my gpu is spiking my DISK to 100% and soft crashing my pc?

the drivers are up to date. and before all this i did try re freshing windows and still had the same problem.

Well the drivers are tied to the version of Windows. If you press the Start button and type in "winver" , which version of Windows 10 do you have?

aveugle

Well the drivers are tied to the version of Windows. If you press the Start button and type in "winver" , which version of Windows 10 do you have?
it looks like im running "Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1348)" ive updated my pc to a GTX 2060 super and a samsung SSD 97- EVO Plus 2TB drive.

i just had a soft crash i the same problem as before drive goes to 100% and frezzes the pc but i cant still move around when i use say a RTX 750 ti i do not have the same problem after days of testing. my PSU is a SilverStone Technology 600W SFX Form Factor 80 PLUS GOLD Full Modular Power Supply . ive looked up the power draw and its looked like i had head room still to play with.

Last edited:
Can you update to Win 10 21H1 if you've got the latest drivers, and I assume the games are up to date. Then I'd assume that they were designed to work with the latest version of Windows 10.

aveugle

Can you update to Win 10 21H1 if you've got the latest drivers, and I assume the games are up to date. Then I'd assume that they were designed to work with the latest version of Windows 10.
i updated to 21H2 (os build 19044, 1387) updated my drivers and then im still crashing.

aveugle

Any error codes ?
no codes just a soft lock cant look around the pc but cant turn it off as well it also doesnt blue screen just sits with disk at 100% but ive used 3 different ssd's . on event viewer i get ID 10110 AND 10111 i have checked my power settings and drivers.

crjdriver

What bios are you running on that board? There are a LOT of bios updates that address compatibility and stability issues.
ive updated my pc to a GTX 2060 super and a samsung SSD 97- EVO Plus 2TB drive.
Did you install the samsung proprietary nvme driver? If not, do so. You download this from the samsung support site.
Next from what I have seen, you have used three different nvidia cards. Are you uninstalling then reinstalling the driver each time you swap cards OR are you just pulling one card out and installing the other one?

aveugle

What bios are you running on that board? There are a LOT of bios updates that address compatibility and stability issues.

Did you install the samsung proprietary nvme driver? If not, do so. You download this from the samsung support site.
Next from what I have seen, you have used three different nvidia cards. Are you uninstalling then reinstalling the driver each time you swap cards OR are you just pulling one card out and installing the other one?
i have the samsung Magician software and my model: rog strix B350-I gaming is running version: 5601. am i uninstalling all of the GPU drivers every time i swamped my gpu out no. but thats not ware the problem started i only swamped GPU's to try and see if that was the problem.

crjdriver

The samsung magician is not the nvme driver. You stated you installed a 750ti and there was no problem. The pw requirement for a 750ti is quite a bit less than for a 2060; in fact about half. You may have a pw supply problem OR you may just have a problem with the 2060.
Start by testing your voltages; ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Post screenshots of both conditions. I am OFF for the rest of the night and I will check this in the morning. Good luck.

aveugle

The samsung magician is not the nvme driver. You stated you installed a 750ti and there was no problem. The pw requirement for a 750ti is quite a bit less than for a 2060; in fact about half. You may have a pw supply problem OR you may just have a problem with the 2060.
Start by testing your voltages; ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Post screenshots of both conditions. I am OFF for the rest of the night and I will check this in the morning. Good luck.
im not sure how i can test that but ill do it. samsung magician does keep your firmware up to date. and my PSU is rated for 600w gold 80. ive also run aida64 Extreme for over 20m and no crashing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online