Solved WD blue 1TB M.2 2280, 100% disk. blue screen

crjdriver

im not sure how i can test
You enter the bios and look. The bios version is displayed on the first page of the bios. There are also software programs that will show the bios version. CPUZ is one of them; select the motherboard tab and it shows the bios version.
samsung magician does keep your firmware up to date
You are not understanding. Firmware and driver are two VERY different things. Here is a link to the samsung support page. Samsung is about the only drive mfg that has a proprietary nvme driver. The driver is about the third or fourth one down;
SSD Tools & Software | Download | Samsung Semiconductor

Last edited:

aveugle

You enter the bios and look. The bios version is displayed on the first page of the bios. There are also software programs that will show the bios version. CPUZ is one of them; select the motherboard tab and it shows the bios version.

You are not understanding. Firmware and driver are two VERY different things. Here is a link to the samsung support page. Samsung is about the only drive mfg that has a proprietary nvme driver. The driver is about the third or fourth one down;

if its the only one with a proprietary driver i see how i missed that. but the bios is 1638639175754.png

crjdriver

That is the second to the latest bios so there should not be a problem from a bios standpoint. The latest bios is for win11 support. Post your voltages. Since this is an asus board, use the purpose designed monitoring software to check your voltages. Here is a link to the support page for your board;
ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING | ROG Strix | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)
In the download>utilities section you should find the asus suite. Note there are a lot of programs in the suite and the only one you really need to install is dual intelligent processors; this is the monitoring program. If you want to install other programs in the suite, that is fine; up to you. Note these monitoring programs are also overclocking programs. Do not make any changes; just use the monitoring part of the program.

aveugle

That is the second to the latest bios so there should not be a problem from a bios standpoint. The latest bios is for win11 support. Post your voltages. Since this is an asus board, use the purpose designed monitoring software to check your voltages. Here is a link to the support page for your board;
ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING | ROG Strix | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)
In the download>utilities section you should find the asus suite. Note there are a lot of programs in the suite and the only one you really need to install is dual intelligent processors; this is the monitoring program. If you want to install other programs in the suite, that is fine; up to you. Note these monitoring programs are also overclocking programs. Do not make any changes; just use the monitoring part of the program.
1638645555876.png do you mean this? and i have not crashed yet but this update of windows feels like my fps is 25% of what it was as in now im dropping frames and task manger sends nothing is going over 50% as im dropping frames so im not sure if thats do to all the downloading or just the new build.

crjdriver

Is that under a normal load OR is that reading while running a stress test? If it was a normal load, then repeat while running something like prime95, Realbench or other stress test. Let the stress test run for at least 2min before taking the screenshot.

aveugle

that was just opening it on the desktop nothing running but web/discord/steam. and this one here is with aida64 running for 2:00m with the stability test.
1638654532962.png1638654555269.png

crjdriver

You have your answer right in front of you. Look at the 12V rail under a load; running 11.5V. That is probably why it works OK with a 750 card that does not need a lot of pw. In short, you need to replace the pw supply. I would be looking at a 650W or higher unit. Make sure it is a good quality pw supply ie high end corsair, seasonic, or other high end pw supply.

crjdriver

BTW you should not see any voltage drop when running a stress test OR at the very least drop no more than .1V or so. Did you check your temps as well? If so, post both of those readings.

crjdriver

Here is an example of what I am saying. I circled the 12V rail in red. You can see the voltage is exactly the same under a normal load and while running prime95.

Attachments

aveugle

Here is an example of what I am saying. I circled the 12V rail in red. You can see the voltage is exactly the same under a normal load and while running prime95.
my temps after running stress test for 10m
1638658032381.png
and yea im looking for a SFX 750 if i can.

crjdriver

84C is pretty warm however the first gen ryzens do run somewhat warm. I have one in my test/bench system. If you are going to game with this system, I would also look into better cooling. This is probably not causing your problem however it is something that should be addressed.

aveugle

84C is pretty warm however the first gen ryzens do run somewhat warm. I have one in my test/bench system. If you are going to game with this system, I would also look into better cooling. This is probably not causing your problem however it is something that should be addressed.
so my psu is the most likely problem? as it should not dip? before this i was running a gtx 1060 3 gig card with no problems then it started to crash, on the 1060.

crjdriver

You have a pw supply problem. It is impossible to tell you if that is your only problem however that needs to be fixed. If you still have issues after installing a quality pw supply, then you will need to further troubleshoot the system.

aveugle

to me something like Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold Full Modular, 750W, 80+ Gold sounds like a HQ brand but i wanted to see what you would say. if thats ok. if not thank you for everything. im glad people are trying to help and im thankful for everyone input.

crjdriver

The specs on that pw supply look fine; a 10yr warranty and 62.5amp on the 12V rail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts