1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WD250 SE16 Drive Does not Boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VAguy, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAguy

VAguy Thread Starter

I've recently built a new computer which worked fine yesterday but when I turn it on today it did not boot up nor did it show up on my monitor screen.

It's WD250 SE16 SATA2 hard drive and I'm using a gigabyte mb.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem. Thanks!

2. 1911colt45

1911colt45

Check your cable connections and if possible try to get to the bios and see if it is recognizing the drive. You might also want to clear your CMOS and see if that helps.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Are you saying you see nothing on the monitor? Any fans or lights on the board, if no then replace power supply but of course try re-seating all the psu plugs first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice