1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WDTV Live Hub 1TB - transferring files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barry_hubris, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barry_hubris

barry_hubris Thread Starter

Hi guys. Does anyone know an efficient way of transferring files from a computer to the internal 1TB hard drive on the WDTV Live Hub?

So far, it looks like the way you're "supposed" to do it is by connecting the Hub to the network (via hardwire ethernet cable), download some specific software from WD (PC and MAC), and then copy the files over via the network. But I was hoping to simply connect the Hub to my laptop via USB and just drag-n-drop files over, like we do with traditional external hard drives.

Perhaps I can take the WD drive out of the enclosure and hook it up like an external drive, but I don't want to be fiddling around with a brand new $200 device. Transferring files via the network is painstaikingly slow. I'm already considering returning the device and going for the older model, where all you have to do is connect the external to the unit.

Thanks!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice