we all know how easy cracking a wep .....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zack333

we all know how easy cracking a wep or wpa..or any varyation of this can be.Any 12 year old kid
can watch a video on youtube download the programs and penetrate your security and then view your actions and more.
My question is,asides from runing wires through your house what precaations can you take to protect from passive and active attaks such as arp poisoning which can be used to view you passwords and such?(i know theres firewalls but those,from my litle experiance cant protect from viewing the content!)

I think arp poisoning can be stopped if your switch supports 'port security'. Port Security allows you to bond one phyiscal port on a switch to one MAC address.

zack333

this is good but those but macs can be spoofed...mac arent hard to obtain...
this is defenetly a good security mesure but frustatingly easy to "hack"
thanks for the sugest :D

perfume

Banned
Wep is"old hat", try Ultra VPN. It is free and open source. Kindly look up "Understanding How To Bolster Password Security"---"this is the heading of a post on page 3" :)(y)

zack333

wep was generlization same goes for wep2 wpa psk............

zack333

the password for wireless encryption is hacked a difrent way then the norm
iv(vectors)culosions are what one would exploit

perfume

Banned
Dear zack333,
"The VPN-1 software is installed on a separate operating system, which provides the protocal stack, file system, process scheduling and other features needed by the product. This is different from most other commercial firewall products like Cisco PX and Juniper firewalls where the firewall software is part of a proprietary operating system." Source :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_Point_VPN-1

OR you can marry the daughter of a politburo member in China and use"THE GOLDEN SHIELD" FOR EXCLUSIVE USE THERE!:D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Shield_Project

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online