1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

We are On Facebook

Discussion in 'Personal News & Announcements' started by TechSocial, Dec 20, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

Due to the extreme popularity of this forum we are trying to engage with our current users on Facebook at
    http://on.fb.me/techsupportguy

On top of this we will try and connect with new people who don't know about this great community.

As a result we would love for your help by "Liking" our Facebook page and sharing it with your friends. It would be much appreciated.

Additionally, you might see some posts from me around this forum with images like this which is aiming to get you guys to become fans. Currently we only have just over 800 fans but there are generally over 4,000 people on this site at any given time. So let's try and break the 1,000 fan barrier ASAP.

Ultimately, I think this community is really great and think that a lot of people can benefit from it which is why we would love your help to spread the word.

[​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Just to clarify, what is the intended use of that page?
    In particular, what are we to do with people who ask tech questions on facebook instead of here?
    Is there any way that a thread can be nominated for being shared on facebook?

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator

Good questions, Ent! We don't want people to ask questions on Facebook rather than TSG. In fact, when they do, we help them register with TSG and post their question here, where it belongs.

What we want to do is encourage people to discover TSG (if they haven't already) by seeing that their friends use TSG. Also, I expect that it will help to bring back visitors who otherwise may register, post one question, and never return. By presenting them with interesting threads through the social media sites they use on a regular basis, it may help to keep us in the front of their minds next time they have a computer problem or, better yet, encourage them to explore TSG for tips and suggestions even when they don't have a problem.

If you have a suggest for a thread that we should share, please send it via PM to TechSocial. After the big TSG update coming next year, I may consider creating a simple button to nominate threads! I think that's a great idea.

4. valis

valis Moderator

Welcome back TechSocial......sorry for the, um, misunderstanding earlier. :)

5. franca

franca

6. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

Thanks Ent, like TechGuy said we are not trying to take anything away from this forum nor are we trying to get people to necessarily solve the problems of others on the Facebook page. What we are trying to do is engage with people who may and may not know about this wonderful resource and direct them here to help out or get their own problems solved.

7. hewee

hewee

If you are Not TechGuy but use the TechGuy name and logo then you already took away what belongs to TechGuy and others at Facebook will think it's this TechGuy here when it's not.

That gets a (n) from me.

8. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

Um, I think it is TechGuy hewee.....Too familiar....;)

9. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that all my facebook posts redirecting people here weren't going against the plan.

It's someone with admin access to the techguy facebook page and enough clout here to get a special title. Definitely not an unofficial scheme at least.

10. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Hewee........TechGuy (Mike) is the one that created the TechGuy Facebook Page and also created the TechSocial position to HELP with that, and he is also the one that brought in a media person to fill the TechSocial position. I really don't think that TechGuy (Mike) is taking anything away from himself. ;) :)

11. hewee

hewee

Thank you for all that info.(y)

12. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

You're welcome, Hewee. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032052