We can't sign in to your account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jasmine9

Hi everyone.

This is my first post.

The above message comes on with Windows 10 . It seemed to have happened during a power spike.

Have been running Windows 10 on a home PC without any real problems.

I can access the net and Hotmail, but cannot see pictures or documents files as they all read as nil.

I only have very basic knowledge of computers and have tried a few easy suggestions without success.

Many thanks in advance of any ideas you might have.

jasmine9

Many thanks for responding NKnm .

Have tried the suggestions but nothing has worked.

I'm just stunned that this has happened.

All my pictures, documents, contacts etc all have gone .

I just cannot understand that Microsoft has allowed something like this to happen. If it had been a car I would have taken it back to a garage. Is there any recourse with regard to Microsoft ?

Ok . I've calmed down a bit.

Do you think I would be better off taking the PC to a shop ?

dmccoy

Darrin
Are you saying that you can see the folders in File Explorer but they are empty or please explain your exact issue. A screenshot or picture would also be helpful.

There is data recovering software you can try to use. Also, you can use the Windows repair utility or the reset this pc option. i mentioned this assuming you can get to it.

jasmine9

Thanks for the responses.

When I look at "This PC" files, the directories are there, i.e Pictures, Documents etc but they have no files in them.

Could it be that although I am using the same login and passwds that I have always used, the data is still there but I cannot see it because my login works but it is corrupted ?

I have just ran "system File Checker in Windows 10" . via command prompt and "Run as administrator" . It took about 40 minutes to run and nothing unusual came up. I logged back in but the same original error message comes up.

TerryNet

Terry
The above message comes on with Windows 10 . It seemed to have happened during a power spike.
How long did this power spike last? During it you got the above message but didn't notice anything else happening--such as the computer restarting?

Are you now logged into your normal user account?

dmccoy

Darrin
It is hard to know for sure without more information. Do you only have one drive and one user account that you have always used? If it is an issue with possible data lose or corruption then you will have to resort to some type of data recovery option. Lets check a few things first.

download, install and run the following program:
https://windirstat.net/

It will scan your drives and provide a list of all the files that are on your computer.
Make sure you select All Drives

jasmine9

How long did this power spike last? During it you got the above message but didn't notice anything else happening--such as the computer restarting?

Are you now logged into your normal user account?
Thanks everyone for posting replies.

Terry

I'm trying to remember what happened but I think it went like this :-

I was shaving in the bathroom and the lights dimmed for a second which is unusual . The PC was up all night and I then hit the space key to see the screen. At that point, the screen and PC seemed dead so I pressed the reboot button on the PC . That's when I first saw the above message and the problem has been going since then. It is only a single user PC.

Based on possibilities from a previous poster of this problem, it occurs to me that when I rebooted , perhaps an update was taking place.

Many Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online