1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

We Couldn't complete updates undoing changes!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mickeymbbc, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Thread Starter

Inspiron 660 Desktop

Can someone help on this? it will not let me update at all. I checked for updates on while on Windows, Then it gets them and restarts. While its restarting it keeps saying "We Couldn't complete updates undoing changes, dont turn off your computer" Heck, I cant even restart it and hit F-8 to get some options. I'm lost on this one. I ran a virus check and everything else then just tried to update it then this happened!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try doing just subset(s) of the updates. This may get through them all--but with several restarts and more of your time and effort--or it may isolate to one update giving the problem.

3. mickeymbbc

It restarted an is back to saying " WE COULDN'T COMPLETE THE UPDATES, UNDOING CHANGES" When I finally got to windows it would not let me run recovery mode or anything.

4. mickeymbbc

I have never ran into this situation before.

I cant hit F-8 and get options to rapair etc..
    I cant recover it when I can get into my desktop bc it says there is no image to recover
    I cant do a restore point bc it will not let me
    I cant refresh it like windows 8 lets you
    I cant ever restore it to factory settings and I have that option!!! when i try it tells me I need a disc or something like that??

If I burn a windows 8 image onto a dvd can I boot from it and restore it that way? and will it let me activate windows if I still have my product key on the side of my computer? or does it have to be a OEM....HELP SOMEONE lol:)

5. supersadie

supersadie

I've got the same problem. It's a brand new computer. I have to keep downloading windows diagnostic and running the troubleshooter for windows update and intelligent background transfer. Then switching off and on. I've also managed to get it to work by clearing the cache of updates and trying again in case any of them were dodgy.

6. mickeymbbc

heck I cant get past boot options

7. supersadie

supersadie

Try F11 instead?

8. mickeymbbc

I can actually get on the desktop now but it will not let me recover, reset, reload, or anything bc she never did any type of backups since she had it. If I have a dell OEM disc I could reload it but im stuck.

9. supersadie

supersadie

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!