Weak Root Certificate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GoldenSilence

Hi all,

I have just been bought some Bluetooth headphones that didn't come with
a Bluetooth receiver so I bought one from Amazon that uses CSR Harmony Stack Software.
I noticed it installed a lot of crap and decided to research it.

I found this post -

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t...s-weak-root-certificate-into-trust-store/1940

If the above is still true what risk is it to me?
Can I lessen the risk at all?
If not then would this constitute grounds for a refund?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

GoldenSilence

Ok no replies, maybe I should re-phrase the question.

If I know that security is shoddy when using a certain program or application is there a way I can add my own defence to it? Or shore up its defence? For instance, can I withdraw certain privileges or alter the certificate? Or perhaps block aspects of the Bluetooth stack?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online