1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Weather Square, Sys 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Orangehues, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orangehues

Orangehues Thread Starter

This could be one of your typical stupid questions but . . . I used to be able to click on this square on the start page to get my local weather forecast. I also figured out how to get temps for the two areas where my sons live, which would also display in a kind of loop without my clicking anything. Now the program no longer "loops" on the start page and when I click on the weather sun logo, it takes over the whole screen and the circle goes around for several minutes and never gives me my local weather forecast. I love this program when it's working. Did I somehow do something wrong?

2. Orangehues

Orangehues Thread Starter

I have managed to solve this one myself. Having transferred from XP to Sys. 8.1, I really needed to read the Square entitled Getting Started with 8.1. When I did for this problem, I discovered that all I needed to do was right click & click the option for making the square "live". Simple when you know how.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice