web-based emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

msvicki

Are there any web-based email programs that allow you to insert a jpg into the message, not as an attachment.

msvicki

Thanks for the bigstring suggestion. It works great. Gmail does not work unless I am missing something.

Thanks.

Where is it? I asked a friend with a Gmail account to check for me and he can't find anything!
its a feature of google labs and is disabled by default. Go into settings, click on the labs tab then just scroll down until you find "inserting images", enable it and you will find an insert image icon in the toolbar ... so long as you are using rich text formatting.

edit > a nice added feature, clicking on the inserted image will give you resize options at the bottom allowing you to make a more manageable email image size if needed (just found that one myself)

Are there any web-based email programs that allow you to insert
a jpg into the message, not as an attachment.
Many might.
Sorta. Depends what you need.

Take Yahoo, for example. If the image is on the net, hold your mouse over the image
and right click, choose copy. Or possibly, you might have to highlight the image and
then choose copy. Then paste it into your email. That won't work if your image is on
your hard drive, only if it is on the net.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
That won't work if your image is on your
hard drive, only if it is on the net.
I can copy and paste images from my hard drive all day. So I am not sure what your issue is.

Inserting them into the body of the message in a web based email system is different then if you were running an email client form your computer.. With Gmail you need to click the Insert Image button and select the image.

I can copy and paste images from my hard drive all day. So I am not sure what your issue is.

Inserting them into the body of the message in a web based email system is different then if you were running an email client form your computer.. With Gmail you need to click the Insert Image button and select the image.
Yes, you can use that to put the images into an email from your hard
drive but the code won't embed - like hot linking, it won't work. In order
for the recipient to get the embedded image, it has to be from the net.

It grabs the url of the image and once coded into the email, should
work the same as a client.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online