1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

web-browsers not working.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ryan023, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ryan023

ryan023 Thread Starter

Hi guys! i have a problem which i cant solve:confused: . i am am on a network and i have a working Internet connection as i can play on line games and i can use msn. however my web browsers fail to work. i tried to refresh my connection disconnect the router and reconnect it. i also made sure that the internet connection settings where made to automatically be detected. i run Microsoft XP Home. maybe a little more help... the browsers work fine for the first few minutes then page cannot be displayed again. i also tried pinging google and other site from the command prompt and i received a reply. Thanks for your expertise help.
    (if u might be wondering how i accessed this site i have 2 computers hehe)

[email protected] ~vodka[4]life~

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi ryan023,

On the computer with the web browser problem, have you checked to see whether your firewall (maybe you have a hardware firewall in the router) allows the web browser to pass traffic through it.

Also, do you have a software firewall 3rd party application? If so, you need to allow the web browser to pass traffic through the firewall.

Are you accessing the Internet as admin or regular user? Safer to do it as regular user.

-- Tom

3. ryan023

ryan023 Thread Starter

thx dude i found my problem Zone alarm and avast had a conflict the faught to death and avast won the battle .. loll i just uninstalled zone alarm... :)

4. FEJY

FEJY

I have the same problem . I was doing manual cleanup on my computer and the same problem came. I can write on MSN and play online games but both firefox and WIE is not doing anything. blank screen and done ata the bottom what to do?

Thank you very much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice