1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Cam and XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wannabe, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wannabe

Wannabe Thread Starter

Hi, I can't get my webcam to work with Windows XP. It said I due to the protection of windows 2000 it couldn't delete the camera from the registry and told me to do it in device manager, which i did to no avail. I reinstalled the drivers and that didn't help and it says it is working fine but its not. Thanks,

Wannabe

2. Dan O

Dan O

Did you check the manufacture website for new XP drivers?

3. Wannabe

Wannabe Thread Starter

Yes, but I didn't find any. It was kind of a confusing website.

4. littlemar

littlemar

Did you look on the microsoft site for compatibility with XP?

5. TekBonkerz

TekBonkerz

Hey .... what brand and model# is the cam.
    I had a hard time upgrading my Logitech Web Cam. It kept asking for a dam file that came with the installation CD. Wich I used as a frisbie after I downloaded their 60MB upgraded software. Wich of course did not have the file needed.
    Maybe your having the same situation? Let me know brand and model so I can do research.

PS: Try forcing WIndows 2000 drivers ... Forcing meaning when it gives you the warning " WARNING WINDOWS XP IS A WUSS AND DOES NOT LIKE THIS BECAUSE OUR GOOFY TECHS DIDNT APROVE OF IT" ( rofl ) see if you can click " Shaddap and load the damm driver" button. (lol I hope you know I mean the "Continue Anyways" or similar choice)

Hope this helps =O)
    TekBonk

PS This is my first posting since a looong time ... wow ... new toys.
    hee hee ...

6. Wannabe

Wannabe Thread Starter

My Web cam is a Philips Vesta Pro Scan, model # is PCVC690K. The P might be an F, it is kind of hard to tell. Thanks,

Wannabe

7. TekBonkerz

TekBonkerz

Company Name Philips Consumer Electronics
    Support Number 900-555-5500

The information Im posting below can be found by clicking on this link: Phillips Support Page

Then click on Downloads (drivers, operating manuals, leaflets, hir-res picture etc.).

Type PCVC690K in the "What product do you want to download information for?" window.

:) Download the WIndows XP doc.

Windows XP and the Philips Vesta and ToUcam Series
    Products: Vesta, Vesta Pro, Vesta Pro Scan, ToUcam XS, ToUCam Fun, ToUcam Pro, Webcam Pro 3D
    Typenumbers: PCVC675K, PCVC680K, PCVC690K, PCVC720K, PCVC730K, PCVC740K, PCVC750K
    Supported by native drivers in Windows XP
    Into the Windows XP operating system are built in the drivers of the PhilipsVetsa and ToUcam series. By simply plugging these devices in will result in the device being detected and the correct drivers being loaded. The camera will then work in Windows XP features such as Windows Messenger and Windows MovieMaker.
    Windows Movie Maker provides the ability to easily capture, edit, organize, and share home movies. Just plug your pc camera into your PC to get started. Add music, narration, and title cards. Once you're done, e-mail or post your video to a Web site to share with friends and family.
    Windows Messenger is the easy way to communicate with your friends and family in real time. You can see who is online and choose to communicate through text messaging, voice, or video with excellent performance and better quality than ever.
    Applications on the CD-ROM
    If the CD-ROM disk with version 1.0x is inserted in the PC first, you are warned that you are about to install drivers that are incompatible with Window XP.
    The bundled applications that come with your Philips PC camera can be installed on your Windows XP computer using a small setup program that will be made available soon on this support website Philips PC-Camera support

Installing Philips PC cameras using non XP compatible CD-ROMs

In case Philips PC cameras are installed with non XP compatible CD-ROMs, the following message is displayed:
    It is advised to:
    Cancel this installation
    Remove the CD-ROM disk from your PC and
    Plug in the camera.
    Please visit the Philips PC-Camera support internet site: Philips PC-Camera support

:D Hope this helps :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice