1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Cam - Connect up to 3 remote computers?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by WaRe, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I am looking for software to connect 3 webcams for the holidays. All the webcams are in differnt states.

I am exploring what webcam to buy but wanted to know if i can conference 3 total feeds?

2. ghost123uk

ghost123uk

Firstly are you going to connect these cams to 3 different PC's or do you plan on getting Ethernet enabled types that will plug into a router / hub at each location ?

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Over the internet, all in differnt states.

4. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

5. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I have never used netmeeting before. But from what i am reading it does not allow multiple video streams.

I am looking to connect 3 computers that are in different states and have all 3 Video Confernce by a live feed.

Or am i missing something with netmeeting?

6. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Just trying to visualize this, I see each computer showing two windows-one for each of the other sites. Optimally that would be a single program with an MDI interface but it's also possible it can be done running multiple sessions, or even more than one program (if netmeeting won't run multiple sessions). Some problems spring to mind, such as bandwidth & focus (what happens to the window that loses focus-does it freeze, does the sound die, etc?).

One product I know will handle both conference calls & video calls is Skype-but I've never tried to combine these so maybe it won't do what you want. Also Skype charges for conference calls.

7. briancharlie

briancharlie

Try Gomeetnow ( if you doesn't opt for any other by the time ) ...It allow you to conference 3 or more feeds simultaneously.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/659880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice