1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web cam problem for HP HDX X16T-1200 CTO Premium Notebook PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tower13, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tower13

tower13 Thread Starter

I have recently base installed windows 7 on my HP HDX X16T-1200 CTO Premium Notebook PC and since then i have not been able to use my web cam. It comes up in my driver manager but it comes up as an unknown device with a code 43 error. Please help, I am not sure what information would be need to solve this problem so please just tell me what is needed and how to find it.

2. Irukku

Irukku

3. tower13

tower13 Thread Starter

I tried to do that and it still came up with the code 43 error. I even uninstalled the driver and tried to install it off the HP site and it still came up with the code 43 error. It is very aggravating.

4. Irukku

Irukku

Indeed it is. If this is your 43 error code:

---

Obtained from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Code 43

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

---

And you are one hundred percent sure you've got the correct drivers installed, and you haven't attempted to install the wrong drivers previously, I'm afraid you'll have to turn to HP support, check if the drivers they made available on the website are working, and if everything fails, kindly ask them to replace your hardware.

5. tower13

tower13 Thread Starter

So i tried to reinstall the driver. I did by first uninstalling the unknown driver. Then i went to the hp site and installed the 64 bit HP MediaSmart Webcam Software on http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3884580#N1961 under the multimedia tab. Is this the correct thing to install because after i did it a driver did not show up in the device manager. It installed correctly as far as i could tell?

6. Irukku

Irukku

If that was the right thing to be installed, honestly, I hoped so... but it seems I was wrong, the software did not contain the device driver. :(

Can you try to get more information on your camera? Go on device manager, right click the unknown device that was supposed to be it, go on Properties, Details tab, Property (or something like this) -> Hardware IDs. Type down what you see there.

7. tower13

tower13 Thread Starter

i tried that and it came up as unknown device under harware ids:(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice