1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Cam video is laggy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cadeau, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

I recently sold my Pentium II 350 196meg ram, Win 98. My Logitch Web Cam was hooked up to it and the video and sound quality was very good. I now own a Dell Pentuim IV 1.8ghz , 256 meg ddr, Win XP . My web Cam sucks with this new system! I downloaded the most recent drivers for XP from logitech. The problem is when I record a video the mouth movement and sound is lagging. Any type of movement is really laggy. The way I see it is with all this power to spare with XP and Pentium IV to boot , the video show be a major improvement not a decrease. Ps. all settings in the Web cam settings are maxed out . Any suggestions on fixing this ??

2. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

Ok no replys ! Must be a tough question LOL. OK let me add something then. This web cam is about 3 years old could the problem be that the the old Pentium system had 1.0 USB ports and this new system has 2.0 USB connects? Could this have anything to do with the lagg that is present now in the videos that the web cam records ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice