1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

web cam

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blahed, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahed

blahed Thread Starter

i have logitech 4000 web cam on win xp,viewing is fine both ways but when i use the mic,it sometimes freezes but always stops voice from being sent!?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Check the drivers for your sound card as well as your version of DirectX to see if they are up to speed.

3. blahed

blahed Thread Starter

still cant get cam to do sound and pic with out freezing....unless i create my own room via yahoo chat.

have gone to start, clicked on run and typed in dx diag...clicked on direct x files but dont know what i'm lookinf at! :confused:

now if i click on network tab this error message comes up 0x80040154, have typed that in on google and downloaded recommendation...computer says i have already got this "do you want to over write?" so i have clicked yes....still not working properly(n)

also on this network tab is this message "direct play 8 serial service provider is missing or damaged"...it might as well be chinese cos it means nothing to me as i'm still learning this stuff.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice