1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

web design courses

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by devil, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devil

devil Thread Starter

I`m thinking of getting into web design and was hoping that someone could recommend a decent on-line course/college. I work full time so it would have to be on-line.
    I`ve checked out some courses but there`s so many out there it`s hard to know which is good and which is just a waste of time and money.
    Thanks in advance.

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    I thoroughly recommend w3schools as the leading web development tutorial provider...

3. devil

devil Thread Starter

Thanks for that guys.

4. david_thomas

david_thomas

Instead of learning on Online.....do join any good web designing institute, they will teach you, with proper guidance.

5. kristof100

kristof100

6. devil

devil Thread Starter

Unfortunately i cant join an institute as i work shift work, but will have a look at the link http://alison.com/.

Thanks.

7. Tergelet

Tergelet

Yup! that's where I learn about the basics of web development. In fact, even until now if I have some questions, I refer to w3schools and forums like this.

8. FileThirteen

FileThirteen Banned

If I were you I would be doing home studying! Reading and practicing tutorials in Graphic design, HTML, PHP ect. They will definitely get you on your way to success!

There are a lot of good web sites for tutorials on everything, if Zymic.com is still up that was an amazing one back in the day when I learned! My problem is everything I know I learned at like 11-16 now I'm 22 going on 23 and everything is outdated besides some of my PHP and design knowledge.

Dreamweaver is a good program to have for web design as well as Photoshop, Image Ready and Illustrator! Good Luck, P.M. if you need any help mate!

9. devil

devil Thread Starter

I`ll have to do some research on all the suggestions and see which one suits.
    FileThirteen thanks for the PM offer.
    Thanks to all for their suggestions, greatly appreciated.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!