1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Design Problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by maverickzz, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maverickzz

maverickzz Thread Starter

Hi, I have a small problem in my website, i put text in a table with a background picture for the cell, which is not supposed to be tiled, now everytime i resize the text with the text size button in my browzer, (medium, smaller, larger.. etc.), the picture gets cut or repeated in the buttom & the text also gets over parts of the picture that r not supposed to be hidden by the text... what can i do to stop this from happening, i know this can be solved by Java script, so i can set the default font size & disable the browser's ability to change it, but how???:confused:
    My Website URL
    see the personal events & business events pages, the text size is default to medium, try to change it & see what happens..
    the website is not complete yet..
    Maverickzz

2. Rockn

Rockn

Your page isn't even using the whole page if I view it at 1024x768. I would suggest using percentages instead of fixed number for page and td width. Look under your heading "End ImageReady Slices" and your background image is 766 pixels. You need to do something different like split the image in half and put it in 2 different table coulmns. One with one half of the picture and text and another with the other half of the picture.

3. maverickzz

same problem will occur if i do that.. if the text in the LHS of the table resizes, it'll resize the whole table, thus the image will tile in both columns..

4. Rockn

Rockn

Did you get the sample of the site I sent you?? Seems to work fine formatted that way.

5. maverickzz

I didn't get it... where did u send it??

6. Rockn

Rockn

PM me with an email address and I will send it again.

7. Guy

Guy

To what i understand you do not want the user to change the size of the text on your page correct?

if so, just put this tag before and a closing one after the text you want to keep their size:
    Code:
    {style font-size: 12px}Text you want this size{/Style}
    Note: Replace the squiggly brackets with the triangle ones

so you could do that around your whole page if you want or just around certain parts.

If this doesnt work reply back, and also search the web for "font sizes in Cascading Style Sheets".

- Guy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice