1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Design Question!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Siayogey, Jun 21, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Siayogey

Siayogey Thread Starter

First Name:
    Franky
    I was just wondering if anyone with a little web design experience could help me out with something I have to put together rather hastily. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

I have a webserver setup already with a DynDNS domain name. My webpage works fine. I need to create a page for a little survey I am doing for school for about 20 people, so not a big operation by any sorts.

The operation I am trying to do is create a page where it asks several questions with a response box for each one. Then, I would like the user to click submit, and send the answers to me via email, if possible. I know HTML pretty well, but I am assuming that I will need to use something like javascript to do this.

Any guidance would help!

Thanks!

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
  3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You can use Google Docs for this it is part of your Gmail / Google account. You can create a survey with all your questions in it and it will generate a url for you. You can then just add this url to your website page. All the results are stored in Google Docs with all sorts of analysis of the results. I believe that you can also set it to email you on each form completion (it is some time since I used it).

corgwork, JLH360 and srisadhana like this.
  4. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Thanks for the heads-up Colin(y) I didn't know about this Google Docs feature...

5. srisadhana

srisadhana

Thank you Colin. That helped me a lot.

6. JLH360

JLH360

Thank you very much for this information.

7. queen.jessica

queen.jessica

You could develop your own form using HTML, CSS and, Javascript
    Develop the structure by HTML
    Design the form via CSS
    Add functionality through JavaScript
    Anyone could use Google forms to create forms, but creating your own forms would hone the skills
    It will make you stand out from the rest(if you have competitors.)

8. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Nice reply @queen.jessica but javascript is a client-side language and will not be able to do server-side functions such as database update or email sending unless it uses Ajax ...

9. corgwork

corgwork

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice