1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web easy and you tube

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by bobb06810, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobb06810

bobb06810 Thread Starter

Having tried (incorrectly) 3 times to embed a youtube video into my web easy site, I now have 2 questions:

1. When I preview the site, the video comes up 3 times in 3 different places. How do I remove this from the web easy - the code is not visible to me.

2. How to I correctly embed a you tube video in easy web.

Thanks.

2. ehymel

ehymel

?? sounds like you correctly embedded the video 3 times ??

How can you not see the code if you embedded the video?

3. sepala

sepala

Yes..As ehymel said, your question is not clear. Please explain your problem. At least provide a link to your site.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

I believe the answer is "42".

5. bobb06810

bobb06810 Thread Starter

I have the same question.

If the video has been embedded three times (incorrectly, as to position, and size) on the page, why can't I see the code while in webeasy.

Of course, I can see it in the html that webeasy generated.

Thanks.

6. sepala

sepala

what about using DreamWeaver?

7. bobb06810

bobb06810 Thread Starter

I'm just trying out webeasy - looking for a wysisyg web authoring program that is easy to use.

Yes, I can clean it up with Dreamweaver (I could even do it in Notepad if I had to), but any changes made to the html code don't port back into webeasy - I don't think.

Which means I can do no further work in webeasy since the changed html code is not there.

Thanks.

8. bobb06810

bobb06810 Thread Starter

To hopefully make it easier for you guys to figure out what's going on here, I copied the .ALB to dropbox.

If give me an email address, I can give you access to the dropbox folder and you can download it to your pc, or I can even even mail it directly to you - it's only 48K.

Other question regarding embedding this youtube video:
    How do you resize the embedded video so that it fits the space you would like to put it in?
    Change the html that you embed?
    Resize it using the handles in webeasy?

Thanks.

Bob

9. ehymel

ehymel

Sorry, I'm not familiar with webeasy.

If you can edit in notepad, meaning if you have the knowledge to edit code directly, then that's probably your best bet. Historically wysiwig editors tend to generate excessive, messy code that drives me nuts, and I have to fight the editor to get what I want instead of just writing exactly what I want and getting it.

10. sepala

sepala

yep, If you can do that manually, then try it. That is the best thing

11. bobb06810

bobb06810 Thread Starter

Yup, You are probably right about the sloppy excessive code.

I was hoping to use Webeasy, which has gotten some good reviews, to do a couple of small, non complicated sites.

Dreamweaver 2!!! here I come. Or may notepress.

Thanks.

12. ehymel

ehymel

I personally use Aptana Studio. Version 3 is technically still in beta, but I've been using it for a few months now and it works great. You can find it here. I have no affiliation with aptana, just for the record.

13. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

I'm amused at how easy beta-grade software throws around terms like "professional".
    Sorry, no.
    Professionals use developed tools, not betas.

14. ehymel

ehymel

I'm amused that you would confuse me, or anyone else in this thread, for a professional web developer.

Aptana studio is free, open source, and well-developed. If you don't want to use a beta version, there are earlier version that are non-beta.

As a professional myself in a completely unrelated field, I respect your expertise and opinion as a professional web developer. However, not everyone, particularly most who come to this forum for help, needs to use professional-grade tools.

15. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

My comment was only at the silly claims by the tool.
    For any hobby needs, I think it's a great freeware suggestion -- give it a try. Try several.
    Hey, I bookmarked it as something to check out.

Wasn't knocking your advice. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice