1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Folders Help!...STILL!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dhuff, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhuff

dhuff Thread Starter

The following are a few posts (questions and the answers I received) that I transferred from another topic area.
    I hope someone can help. It seems I am the only one on this board with this problem ( it can't be!) Please, any sugestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your time
    Daniel Huff

Web Folders Help!
    Ever since I installed IE6 I am unable to use "Web Folders".
    The error message I get is this:
    "The web folder http://www.... is no longer available"
    With IE5 everything worked fine.
    I can also access my sites using Frontpage & any other Microsoft product like Word or Publisher.

Any suggestions?
    Hi Dhuff,

Welcome to the board!.

From Availability and Description of Internet Explorer 6 (Q293513) :

"Components Not Included

Unlike previous versions of Internet Explorer, version 6 does not include Web folders, FTP folders, MSN Messenger, Microsoft VM for Java, or NetMeeting 3.x. Existing versions of these programs and features are preserved on upgrade or may be installed by your operating system. Microsoft VM for Java can be installed on demand if required to display a Web page."

Thanks for the info Tony.
    I uninstalled IE6 per the instructions on the Microsoft Web site. - I reinstalled IE5 including Web Folders & Web Publishing Utilities etc... - I still get the same error message... " The folder http://... is no longer available" for all my sites - I know they are there because I can access them in other programs (like I said in my first post) So.... What do you think I should try next?

Thanks for your time,
    Daniel Huff
    [email protected]

If you go to Windows Update (IE/Tools/Windows Update), and click 'Product'Updates', chances are you'll be able to download it there.

Good luck,

I'm sorry I guess I didn't make my self clear in the last post. I did go to Win Update to reinstall all of the web publishing utils. etc.
    I am now fully installed & updated as far as Win updtae is concerned; I.E. 5 & all patches, Web folders etc... And I am still getting the same error message.

Thanks,
    Daniel Huff

2. beach51

beach51

Hi dhuff,have you tried the repair option for IE?If not go to the contro panel>add and remove programs>highlight IE and internet tools>click remove>the dialog box will appear>put a tick in repair IE>click ok.

lets us know if this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice