Web form validation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rkselby98

I have a help request form on my web site for people to fill out to request help. Now I am having a problem. Some people are trying to use this form to advertise by just adding a URL in the comments section figuring the search engines will pick it up or others will see it..

Sadly these submitted forms are not stored on the server nor are they public for others to see, so this doesn’t do the people any good doing this but I am looking for a way to block the request from being submitted to me, it is annoying.

How can I validate this form to block request that list a URL? The form uses a cgi bin file to submit. I converted a Guestbook form to work for my needs and that is how I came by this form but:

I am good with computer but sadly I am the worst (an idiot) when it comes to programming so I need all the help I can get and in very simple language.

Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online