1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web images are slow on my PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by renier, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renier

renier Thread Starter

For some reason images on both my browsers (IE7 and Firefox) are very slow to load text and download speed is normal but images take a lifetime or not at all, google images, yahoo images and website images are all slow. Is there someone with an answer?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. renier

renier Thread Starter

Just tried it, still have the same problem, this appears to be only with most sites because some actually load pretty quick.

4. Phantom010

Have you tried running both browsers without any Add-ons?

5. renier

renier Thread Starter

I don’t think I have any add-ons active at the moment, I have reset to the browsers default settings.

6. Phantom010

7. renier

renier Thread Starter

Tried it still nothing, I don’t know if this could be a problem but I do run a web filter. But I don’t understand how this affects my browsing speed on certain websites only now after a month of running the filter without any problems.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922415