Web Media Not Displaying

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PhilmPhalm

I have some weird issues here, not sure if they're all related.

When I go to Moviefone.com, for example, everything is displayed but the main content (story, video, etc). In the upper left corner of the blanke window is a small icon, a white square with a smaller red square in the upper left, a blue triangle in the lower left and a green circle in the middle.
I have AOL and Internet Explorer on a broadband connection. I get the same problem with both browsers. I assume the icon means the content is being blocked but I can't find a way to unblock it. I tried AOL live help and they were no help at all, they couldn't figure it out.
I do have Java enabled and the only firewall I have is through a network router. The other computers don't have the this problem.
Not sure if this is related but I can't install Macromedia Flash Player. When I go to their site I get the same blank window with the icon. I click the install button and it says it installs but when I do a search for it on my hard drive, it doesn't exist.
Any ideas?
Thanks, PhilmPhalm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts