Solved Web page .html to be changed at specific time?

CrazyComputerMan

Robert
Hiya - Im working toward website for the Sport Personality - The owner asked me to upload new content every day at specific time at 12pm on each day. So far I designing website via Dreamweaver but dont know this is the tools as I can do to pepare the second website page and I could do FTP swap the file to delete the current .html and to rename the latest to the same path. But Im not sure if there is tools that can automatically to do this or is this isnt possible, It would save the hassle and the delays depending on the work.

colinsp

Colin
You can prepare the page in advance and then schedule the replacement with a Cron job on the server. This is an example of how to do this.

However, you would be better off doing this in a CMS such as Wordpress it is far easier to do this and prepare new content for displaying days or weeks in advance.

Agree with above. WordPress allows you to create any no. of pages and assigning them as the home page is very easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts