1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Page Loading slow on home server

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by DexterDave, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Hi All

I am hosting my website on my own PC at home. I am running Apache on a virtual Ubuntu machine inside my windows machine (using a Bridged Virtual Network adapter)

Now I am using a Dynamic DNS service to map my domain name to my public IP.

Problem: When Ioad my domain name, the site loads fine, no problems, but when I load the web page from an external PC (that is not on my network) the site loads EXTREMELY slow (web page does not even load properly). Now I have a 1Mbps broadband line at home.

I suspect that the upload speed for my line is to slow to handle traffic requested from outside? Or can it be something else?
    I tested it on my own PC using a Proxy service (to mimic an external PC) and the result is the same: Very slow

Thank you

2. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Problem is my upload speed. Does not nearly match the 10-1000Mbps upload speed dedicated web hosting companies supply...

3. Muhib

Muhib

You're running Apache in Virtual Machine. Virtual machines are comparatively very slow than your actual PC. If you can, you can test your site in a free domain to be sure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice