1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web page too big for screen...help please...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cabbagepatchjo, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cabbagepatchjo

cabbagepatchjo Thread Starter

Hi Everyone...Hope I am posting in the right place...When I am viewing my ebay 'active listings' the page is so big I have to scroll quite a long way to the right to see it all regardless of how many columns I choose to display. This only happens on this page all the other pages are fine and every other site I view is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. cabbagepatchjo

Hi There, I have tried every way I can think of but still no joy...still scrolling.... ha ha!!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's a common issue, usually caused by large graphics, or poor formatting of the page in question. Since much of eBay's content is automatically generated, that probably happens quite a lot there. We see that here at times when people post large graphics.

4. 1101doc

1101doc

Viewing such a page in Opera, I just click "Fit-to-width," and everything becomes visible. I believe that Firefox also has a similar feature.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the graphic is larger than the screen, the only way to fit it is to auto-scale the graphic.

6. cabbagepatchjo

Thanks to everyone for their help. I have managed to get fixed by using a smaller font although it used to be fine previously when I used a larger font .... cheers Jo (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555474