1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Page Wizard won't open (WordXP)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by brsk, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brsk

brsk Thread Starter

I want to look at the Web Page Wizard but although the icon is there in General Templates it only opens a blank page - no wizard.

I have Office XP for Students and Teachers. I have reinstalled and selected 'Run all from computer' for every item and sub item which I assume instals everything. (Just what is the difference between 'Run from computer' and 'Run all from computer'?

Most templates open but web ones seem be the problem.

Any help appreciated.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Run all:

Chooses ALL of the sub-stuff, I do believe.

Do all of your other wizards work?

Can I say something else? Don't use Word to create a web page. I'd rather make one for you (in FrontPage) than see you use Word...

3. brsk

brsk Thread Starter

Thanks.
    Yes ,as far as I know the other wizards work.
    In the meantime I went to Microsoft KB and found the answer. I am not usually sucessful there. Apparently Word 2002 will not run the Web Page Wizard if the language is English(UK). It has to be English(US). KB - Q325914. I changed and it works.
    What is the reason for using Frontpage rather than Word for web pages?

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Word is not the best HTML editor out there. FrontPage is far better and there are those who will argue that, too. However, as a Word geek, and as a person who has created webs in FrontPage, it's much easier to use, and far more flexible than Word.

If you just want to design a quick web, maybe one of these templates would be better:
    www.classythemes.com

If you get an *html* template, you need nothing more than NotePad or some other HTML editor to change the text, etc.

It really depends a lot on the purpose of the web you're creating. If you want some direct help with it, just PM me.

Glad you found that article. I admit I never looked, and I usually do...

5. brsk

brsk Thread Starter

Thanks for the leads.

brsk

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice