1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

web page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crownvic, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crownvic

crownvic Thread Starter

Been tring to pull in a web page profootballhof.com / have'nt been able for over a month.. i'm running xp / i shut down all software running - za , pestpatrol , avg anti-virus , nothing .. no error mess. come up it does'nt want to load ........ almost like something is holding it back ........
    I do not have any problems going anywhere .. or doing anything with the computer... it's 1800 mez. 512 of ram in it ... just that one site not coming in..... ??? :confused:

2. Mrcobra

Mrcobra

I just now got here http://profootballhof.com/ with no problems, page loaded quickly for me. I also have xp and I am running Nortons system works with anti-virus along with za(Zone Alarm).

Have you cleaned out the computer of it's temp internet files as well as cookies ? Just a thought

3. crownvic

crownvic Thread Starter

Hello again .... i'm on a DSL line , an called them tec. support ... they had no problems either pulling up the site. i cleaned out everything .... i even run WINDOW WASHER ever once in a while .... to keep it clean ..... they said sounds like something missing ? meaning something got erased or there's a check mark in something like software not allowing this site to load .... i get e-mails from this site .. no problems ... there's 3 accounts on this computer me , my son , my daughter .......... when their on .. i ask them to try this site ( www.profootballhof.com ) it does not come in either on their account ... so that kinda tells me there something going on with this computer ......
    If you can think of anything else let me know thank you very much ..... jim

4. BillC

BillC

I think your Zone Alarm is blocking the site. If you are using ZAP or ZASS, then find the site in your Privacy site list, right click on it, then click to 'remove' it. Now manually add the site back, right click again, click on 'options', go through all three tabs unchecking everything and clicking 'apply' as you go through. Now clean your cache and try again.

If you are using ZA Free, then try resetting the database.You will lose all your customizations in ZoneAlarm.

1. Go into the Overview Preferences tab and turn off "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".
    2. Reboot into safe mode.
    3. Go into the folder named internet logs {do a search if you don't know where it is in your OS}.
    4. Delete everything in that folder.
    5. Empty the recycle bin.
    6. Reboot into normal windows.
    7. Restart ZA manually.
    8. Recheck the "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".

5. crownvic

crownvic Thread Starter

HELLO ... I UNCHECKED ZAP AT STARTUP ... then went to the site still won't load ...
    tried the other things .... nothing yet ???????? i don't know what to say here ?
    keep working on it !!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice