1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web pages do not display correctly in places where something should be displayed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by moonstar653, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moonstar653

moonstar653 Thread Starter

When I surf the web with IE8 there are blank places where there should be info. for me to click on. Example: When I registered for techguy, it said put answer in box but showed no box, just blank area. Or same senario but instruction says click here to continue (or whatever) but there is nowhere to click unless I slowly move cursor around where I think I should click and it turns to a hand symbol. Then click and go. Happens on almost any page. I think it possibly is a java script error because when the cursor turns into hand I look in status bar and it shows Java:0 or it is just blank. I have java 6.0 with updates installed.
    CTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1022 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 , 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 233617 MB, Free - 212361 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0U7084, , ..CN4811152S00G8.
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Can anyone help. Thanks.:confused:

2. domasmak

domasmak

Do you have another web browser on your machine you can test with? (Such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)

If so, do you have the same problem with the websites in there?

If you don't get the same error then I would suggest you try the following:

go to Tools - Internet Options
    Click on Delete Browsing History and delete the Temporary Internet Files
    Click on the Advanced tab and click on Restore Advanced Settings

Once you have done both of those, press OK, close IE and reopen, attempt to open one of the sites you were having the problem with and is the problem still occurring?

Domasmak

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried disabling Avast! or any other security program you may have?

4. moonstar653

I have firefox, so tried it and still have same problem plus a popup message stating "the page is not encrypted that is trying to be accessed."

5. moonstar653

I have had this problem way before installing Avast and have googled and gone to microsoft site, but still no solution.

6. domasmak

domasmak

Ok, are you able to take a screenshot and attach it on here so we can see what is coming up? Also, please can you take a screenshot of what is starting up on your machine? (you can access this by going to Start - Run - msconfig - Startup.)

7. moonstar653

I tried firefox and tried going to yahoo.com and this is an error message from error console in firefox: Error: Permission denied for <http://ad.doubleclick.net> to call method Location.toString on <http://us.mc527.mail.yahoo.com>. Java console will not display and java:null,void errors are in status bar. Does this have something to do with problem?

8. moonstar653

[​IMG]Sorry to take so long, not able to use computer much. Anyway I do not know how to give you a copy of screengrab. Must I make copy and go directly here to paste it? Thank you, feeling dumb.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice