1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Pages Do Not Load Fully. Can't Load Some Sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by illhouseyou, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illhouseyou

illhouseyou Thread Starter

I've just started having this problem and its killing me.

I have 2 computers. My server is running windows 2000 server, and the secondary computer is running xp Pro.

The internet was working fine on my secondary computer, and then one day, it just started becoming slow, and it would not load pages (images wouldn't fully load, some pages wouldn't load at all). If i type in a url in the address bar for IE it would load the page quickly (probably from cache), but then proceeding to click links would cause "Page not found" or "timed out" errors.

I know that i can reach these sites, i ping them and get normal responses. It seems that IE is just not displaying them properly or something. The internet on my server computer works perfectly fine.

I have 2 nic cards in the server computer, 1 recieving the cable modem, and one receiving a LAN cable from my Hub.

Anybody have any ideas? Like i said, it worked on my secondary cmputer before. Also, i hooked up another computer to my hub and the internet was working fine, and then i installed Service Pack 3 and it started crapping out like mentioned above.

This is driving me NUTS!! ahhh. please help.

Thanks

2. suzi

suzi

Did you try emptying your browser cache? Also delete temp files and cookies (or the cookies you don't want to keep) and see if that helps.

3. illhouseyou

illhouseyou Thread Starter

Hey,

thanks for the reply. But thats not the problem. I did that, and still, the pages are not loading, or displaying. They seem like they are being downloaded. Because i watch the progress bar and it looks like its working. I just hooked up a lap top to my hub, and the internet worked fine. Then , i ran windows update and tried to install service pack 3. It didn't install, but then the net on that computer started acting like the computer i mentioned in the first post. Pages won't load fully, windows update sometimes loads, but some of the pages in the fram won't, and some images won't show up. Sometimes it just doesn't connect at all.

Could it be a hub problem? ahhh help me!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice