1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Pages Dont Load.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Whitestar, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

When i connect to the internet, the connection is succesful, but my homepage doesnt load. When i attempt to go to another site i get the message:

Internet explorer could not open the page

This is not the first time this has happened, but last time i corrected itself after a couple of hours, but this has been going on for a few days now.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

Are you trying to connect to a DSL or Cable modem? Either way, your connection is not successful. If it was, you wouldn't have any trouble viewing any web pages. Best advise I can give you is to check your local area conection properties. Especially your internet protocol to make sure you have the right settings. Get your setting from your ISP.

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

Im using a 64k ISDN connection. When i connect i get an icon in the taskbar that tells me im connected.

I did recently remove a network card. Could this have caused the problem?

4. Bruce319

Bruce319

It maybe the problem. Make sure the network card is seated properly. Also, hopefully you didn't short circuit the network card by placing it on the carpet. One way to find out if it's working. Try pinging a friends computer who is online the same time you are. If you get a responds back, then your network card is fine. I understood what you meant by getting a connection but no web pages. Since I never used a 64K ISDN connection, I don't know if it uses an external modem or an internal modem to get online. Your network card shouldn't have giving you any trouble if you took it out then placed it back in. In fact, it may even help if you place your network card into another slot. Perhaps there is a conflict going on. However, other than changing slot position on a network card and checking to see if it works, there's nothing you can do to a network card other than checking to make sure you have the most current driver and checking the settings to make sure they're correct. Try checking your modem. The problem could be there and not in your network card.

5. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

I connect to the internet using a box that the ISP fixed to the wall. The computer is connected to that through a USB port. I have tried reinstalling the drivers for that but nothing changes.

When i removed the network card, i didnt put another in.
    I think ill put it back and see what happens.

6. compute

compute

i have the same please help!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice