1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web pages either don't load or don't stop loading

Discussion in 'Networking' started by UrbanRich, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanRich

UrbanRich Thread Starter

Hi to all.
    Since yesterday, nearly every time I load a web page it either doesn't stop loading or sometimes doesn't even load at all. At first I thought that the problem was just with Chrome, but I've since tried Firefox and Explorer and get the same issue. I've tried scanning for viruses, malware and even ran Boostspeed to see if it will solve the problem, but nothing has worked.
    I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden, I've not made any significant changes or installed anything new so I'm stumped. I have the fastest fiber optic package my ISP has, so it isn't down to not having enough bandwidth.
    Is there anything that I can try to resolve this problem?
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I know a little bit about computers but not a great deal.
    Can I try resetting my router with the pinhole at the back, or will that cause me to lose settings, which I won't be able to restore ,and not be able to connect to the internet at all? (I know the routers password)

Sorry if this is a bit long winded. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    any other devices connected to the router and working

log into the router and make a note of the settings - before doing a factory reset

make and model of the router - and if separate modem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice