Web pages either don't load or don't stop loading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UrbanRich

Hi to all.
Since yesterday, nearly every time I load a web page it either doesn't stop loading or sometimes doesn't even load at all. At first I thought that the problem was just with Chrome, but I've since tried Firefox and Explorer and get the same issue. I've tried scanning for viruses, malware and even ran Boostspeed to see if it will solve the problem, but nothing has worked.
I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden, I've not made any significant changes or installed anything new so I'm stumped. I have the fastest fiber optic package my ISP has, so it isn't down to not having enough bandwidth.
Is there anything that I can try to resolve this problem?
You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I know a little bit about computers but not a great deal.
Can I try resetting my router with the pinhole at the back, or will that cause me to lose settings, which I won't be able to restore ,and not be able to connect to the internet at all? (I know the routers password)

Sorry if this is a bit long winded. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

etaf

Wayne
any other devices connected to the router and working

log into the router and make a note of the settings - before doing a factory reset

make and model of the router - and if separate modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online