1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Pages Not Loading Properly

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by The W12ard, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The W12ard

The W12ard Thread Starter

For the past week I haven't been able to get web pages to load properly. It only seems to be happening on certain websites. This one in particular. When I try to access the webpage, it hangs for ages trying to load up then after about a minute it loads, but all the images are missing. It seems to be having a problem loading images on the page.

I have checked the connection and router using a second PC and it is fine. The problem seems to be with my laptop.

I ran AVG antivirus and it found nothing. I then ran Adaware and it found 5 critical objects in my system restore directory. I tried restoring to a point before these appeared but system restore wont work. It keeps saying that my computer could not be restored.

For some reason it only seems to be having a problem with certain wesites tho which is why I find it weird. The other one I can't access is www.tvark.org.uk It takes about a minute to load the page then all the images are missing. When I try to click on a link, nothing happens. I have also had a problem with Internet explorer crashing alot recently too.

I tried reinstalling IExplorer and System Restore from the Windows/inf folder but I don't have the XP installation disc for my version of windows because I bought it from a shop and they didn't give me a disc. I tried using another XP setup disc but it won't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice