1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

web pages slow to load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Captainkewl, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captainkewl

Captainkewl It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

My apps and the rest of my system run perfectly. About a week ago whenever I open a web page it is very slow to load (sometimes not at all). Before this everything was running great (I haven't changed anything since). I am using Firefox (I also tried IE and opera and it still was slow). I ran adaware and spybot and removed all infections. I also ran my registry first aid platinum on the system. I have also tried different DNS servers (I think it may have something to do with this because my internet speed test is always high 7-8 MBs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx

frequently scans either don't detect spyware/viruses or can't remove them properly.

I recommend download HiJackThis (google it) and run a scan and post your log here. Also press CTRL ALT DEL and see what your CPU usage and memory usage are when idle. But more importantly post the HiJack log.
    Try this:
    go to start->run
    type CMD
    at the prompt, type ping speedguide.net

It will ping that server 4 times, and show you an average round trip time in milliseconds. Do that a couple times for consistenty, and post what you are getting here.
    But seeing as the rest of your system runs fine, it may be some settings you may have changed inadvertantly.

3. Captainkewl

Captainkewl It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

when pinging speedguide.net I got some that said request timed out, but when it did work it was saying 65ns for time, and I also attached my Hijack this log. Does anything look out of the ordinary? Thanks.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice