1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web pages will not fully load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ron29, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ron29

Ron29 Thread Starter

I'm running IE6.0 SP1 with cable modem and have a problem where web pages will not fully load. It seems the graphics are the hang-up. After several seconds waiting I click on stop, then refresh, and the page fully loads very quickly. Why doesn't the page load fast the first time?
    I have tried deleting the internet cache and temporary internet files, offline content, weeded out the cookies to 15 and trimed the history to 15 days. Nothing seems to help.

I'm running Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security. Disabling these two programs did not change the web page loading speed.

Thanks for your help,

2. franca

franca

Try this, Go to Tools/ Internet Options/ Connections Tab/ Lan Settings/ uncheck Automatically detect settings. click ok, ok.

3. Ron29

Ron29 Thread Starter

That is already unchecked. In fact there are no boxes checked on that page. Any other suggestions?
    Ron

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136089