1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web Search Bar! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Solid_Froggy, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Solid_Froggy

Solid_Froggy Thread Starter

Hello, i am having a really bad problem with, what I believe is spyware. It is called Web Search and it is a little bar that will appear on the desktop whenever I log on. It used to pop-up whenever I opened a file or Internet Explorer but it then stopped. I have tried to go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel but it doesnt show up. I have also went on to Google and typed 'Web Search Remover' and then 'Web Search Uninstaller' but both linked me up to a thing called Spy Ferret but I have heard bad stuff about that. There are a lot other sites that will link to a so called "All ToolBar Remover" but like I said, it wouldn't seem reliable and I have a lot of valuable information that is not worth losing on a program off the net. So please if you have any information on this stupid Web Search that keeps poping up and getting me really angry :mad: please post it. Oh, my OS is a Windows 98, and a Windows XP (they both have this Web Search, but I need it off the Windows 98 the most). Thank you for your time and please post anything about how to delete this or get it off my computer! Thanks again.

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Hi Solid Froggy

Welcome to TSG! :)

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required. Someone here will be glad to advise you on what to fix.

*Note: When you download Hijack This Do Not download it to a temp folder or to the desktop. Create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and name it Hijack This and put it in that folder.

3. BAZZA_UK

BAZZA_UK

Solid froggy...do you use a program called smiley central for sending smilies ect in emails.....i know web search bar comes with that program.......just a thought !!!

4. Solid_Froggy

Solid_Froggy Thread Starter

Nope, I don't have Smiley Central, I just have something called EmotiPad (whcih doesn't install anything on your computer that can be harmful).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice