1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web site blocked

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cjewing1, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cjewing1

cjewing1 Thread Starter

I tried to download the TSGSysInfo, it wouldn't let me. A window comes up that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

For your info. I am running Windows 8.1.

My problem is I can't access my banking page, a window comes up from IE explorer security that says
    "a website wants to open web content using this program on your computer.
    Name: Silverlight.configuration.exe
    Publisher:Microsoft Corporation
    Allow: or Don't Allow but it's dead, it won't let me push either button, the little circle just keeps turning. it's locked up, the only thing I can do is restart or shut down the computer. All the other webpages work fine.
    Any help appreciated. PS I have Panda AV. I ran it and the Malware. Thanks

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Siverlight is a Microsoft application that displays media content like graphics very much like flash.
    Banking applications do tend to use it rather than flash, just because it is a MS product and passes that test. (yes I'm being sarcastic).

3. cjewing1

cjewing1 Thread Starter

I know what it is but how do I get it unfrozen so I can access my web page?

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I think you temporarily need to reduce the security level in Internet Explorer to allow it, but I would try it temporarily till someone confirms or denies my thoughts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!