Web site blocked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cjewing1

I tried to download the TSGSysInfo, it wouldn't let me. A window comes up that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

For your info. I am running Windows 8.1.

My problem is I can't access my banking page, a window comes up from IE explorer security that says
"a website wants to open web content using this program on your computer.
Name: Silverlight.configuration.exe
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation
Allow: or Don't Allow but it's dead, it won't let me push either button, the little circle just keeps turning. it's locked up, the only thing I can do is restart or shut down the computer. All the other webpages work fine.
Any help appreciated. PS I have Panda AV. I ran it and the Malware. Thanks

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Siverlight is a Microsoft application that displays media content like graphics very much like flash.
Banking applications do tend to use it rather than flash, just because it is a MS product and passes that test. (yes I'm being sarcastic).

cjewing1

I know what it is but how do I get it unfrozen so I can access my web page?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
I think you temporarily need to reduce the security level in Internet Explorer to allow it, but I would try it temporarily till someone confirms or denies my thoughts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts