web site sessions drop after login

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aaronml

WIN XP SP2 with IE 6. ISP is Verizon DSL.

Except for GMAIL, all other app's I login into either send me immediately back to the login screen, or do so after I have been thru a few links. This includes JUNO email, Vanguard securities, INGDIRECT, another brokerage site, etc.

This problem started about a week ago and thought it might have been after installation of M/S fix KB938464 on 9/11, but I uninstalled that and there was no change. Msgs from the various app's usually indicate that it thinks the session timed out due to inactivity. But sometimes I get the login screen again immediately upon initially entering my used id/password and hitting enter.

I've tried lowering the privacy setting for cookies which seems to let me get further, but I still eventually get knocked off even when all cookies are accepted. My normal setting, which has always been OK, is medium.

I added one of the problem sites to the "trusted sites" zone under IE security settings with the level set to low, but this did not help either.

I don't know why GMAIL will keep me logged on, but the other sites (both HTTP and HTTPS) will not. If GMAIL gets this problem I'm in a world of hurt!

I have IE 7 ready to install. I'm getting desperate!!!

aaronml

I installed Google Chrome yesterday and it does not have the problem.

I'd still be interested in any opinions on what happened with IE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online