Web Site Visible from everywhere except my location

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lewishere

My remote website (followtechnology.com) does not respond to a ping or tracert from my home but is available from anywhere else in the country/world. The ip address does not respond either. I am unable to access the site from any device on my network. The only way I can get back into my site is to restart the router. This happens on a regular basis after successfully accessing the site for a while. It only effects this one web site. My site was one of a number attacked by a global hacker a few months ago and I am concerned that something may have been done locally. The site is hosted on a VPS and the servers are all clear of any virus. All virus checks and malware are clear on my local devices as well.

Any help much appreciated.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
I see this almost exclusively with routers.

The problem may occur when viewing the same website over a router, from more than one computer or application at the time, for some period of time.

It seems like it's activating something in the server software that puts your IP address on a so called "blacklist". Not saying it's your case but it's a possibility.

Resetting your router often helps but you may want to try something else, like changing your router's MTU settings value.

Log on to your router settings.

Select WAN settings and change MTU value, depending on your router's configuration, to something like 1396 (normally 1500) (but remember the original number in case it doesn't work). Click apply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online