1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web stationary on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Laura7491, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I got a new computer with the W/7 installed and I am not happy with the Windows Live Mail.

When I had Windows Mail on Vista it was easy and fun using stationary for my e-mail, and my friends went Ohhh... and Ahhh... because they were beautiful.... I used them for the occasions - birthday, anniversary, or just every day fun.

I am pretty good with the computers but I could not figure out how to use stationary on Windows Live Mail with W/7. :( :confused: So frustrating!

(I figured out how to create and use animated signature on W/7) .

Can someone please help me with the stationary?? Thanks a lot for any help or tip.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

This is pretty much how mine is setup.
    http://email.about.com/od/livemaildesktoptips/qt/et_stationery.htm
    I am using an older version,but if you single click the stationary
    it should show a preview.
    Looks like there is plenty to download online.
    The stationary folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\Stationery.
    C is your windows drive which may be a different letter.

3. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi Leroy... I printed out that article you posted here.. here is where my confusion lays: I HAVE NO OPTION "FORMAT" ON MY TOOLBAR. That is why I am stuck. I knew very well how to apply stationary on Windows Mail, because I had Format option.

WHERE is a Format option????? Attached is how my toolbar in WLM looks like.

Attached Files:

4. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
  5. davehc

First Name:
    David
    Hi again Laura. I may have found an answer for you. I have just this moment tried this and it worked!

Download all or any of these, and run the .exe's.
    http://thundercloud.net/help/wlm-collections.htm

Click Users - username - Documents - My Stationery and find the stationery you want to use
    Double Click to open the stationery, write your mail and send! On top border stationery, click your enter (return) key a few times until your cursor is below the image and then begin typing your email.

6. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi davehc, I used the Thunderclouds all the time when I had Vista. My problem is I don't have/see a Format option on the toolbar for downloading the stationary.

What you are suggesting to me does not require using a Format button? Hmmm.. OK..

Thank you davehc. I am gonna try, and possibly I will install WLM 2009 as I was suggested here.

I appreciate your guys help with all my heart. :D

7. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

OK, davidhc. I am going to try what you are suggesting.:)(y)

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If I see another Font change in this thread I am going to scream!

9. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Why? LOL

10. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

DAVIDHC, ... ONE QUICK QUESTION regarding this instruction... Would the stationery be saved for the next e-mail I create, or do I have to start over with the new mail?

Thanks a bunch!

11. davehc

First Name:
    David
    I havn't got that deep into it, but so far it looks like you have to restart each time But the plus is that you do not need to have Live open. You just click the stationary you need and it opens Live to a new email - with the chosen stationary. So, If you have one you particularly like, you could drag it to the desktop, for example, and use it as your new mail executive.

12. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

OK. Thanks, davehc.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice