1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Web users currently report site as gibberish when viewing

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by idr, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. idr

idr Thread Starter

I manage a site for children in Hebrew. The site is already 10 years old and I build and manage it by myself, using an old, now obsolete program. The homepage is an HTM with about 3000 links to a data base of pdf documents.
    Lately I received complaints, probably from mobile computers visitors, saying that the site appears in gibberish.
    What can be done to correct this.
    I add often new documents to the base and I wouldnÂ’t like to change the working program to which I am used.
    Please advise.
    Thanks

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi idr, In order for you to make your site view-able on all the various device types, you would have to change it to a "responsive" layout, which is a major rebuild. I am assuming that your have been using a WYSIWYG website platform (What you see is what you get) and do not have an in-depth knowledge of css or html. That being the case I recommend two action plans:
    1. Employ a web designer to adapt your existing site ... OR ...
    2. Look for an online conversion tool (here's one that you may like)

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    But be warned that if you go this route you will have to find a way of editing your site which can handle responsive coding.

4. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Can you provide a link to your site?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice