1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam activation for Compaq Presario CQ56 110US?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkfire77, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkfire77

Darkfire77 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joey
    Hey, this is me using my usual Compaq Presario 110US notebook here. I have been searching everywhere for how to turn on the internal webcam. I see lots of posts & specs that say the computer has a built-in webcam, I just can't figure out how to turn it on :confused:. A little help?

2. vicks

vicks

3. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    Ugh. I go into one guide, it says the instructions are in another guide, I go into that guide, and all I find is that it says that its there, not how to use it! :mad:.

4. vicks

vicks

You might click on the start orb, click on programs. Scroll down throught the menu of programs. There could be a listing there for web cam (my Dell does and I click on that to activate the camera).
    Here is the link to the user manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02478664.pdf however, all I found there is that "check the cheese menu), so that is why I think it might be listed as I stated above...
    Let us know how it goes..
    Vicks

5. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    I have Youcam and ManyCam. When I open both, it just says:

"CyberLink"
    "There is no avaliable captured device"

6. vicks

vicks

Click on the start sphere>right click on computer>click properties> click on device manager (in list on left side ). What is listed there for imaging device?
    VIcks

7. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    Imaging devices aint there :(. This is the list of things I see:

Batteries
    Computer
    Disk drives
    Display adapters
    DVD/CD-ROM drives
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    Keyboards
    Mice and other pointing devices
    Monitors
    Network adapters
    Processors
    Sound, video, and game controllers
    System devices
    Universal Serial Bus controllers

:confused:

8. vicks

vicks

Here is the user's manual link for you particular model of computer. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02478664.pdf

Are you sure you have a built in web cam (should be a little square lense in the top frame of the monitor. If you aren't sure you can download and run this small free program www.belarc.com. This will tell you everything on the computer, model numbers, software license keys etc. (I keep a hard copy (printed) for each of our computers. to use when womething goes bad or needs updating)
    Vicks

9. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    Well I see a little rectangle at the top of my screen that looks like where a webcam should be (But I cant see a lens). But on the Belarc thing, I dont see a webcam listed anywhere :mad:! What person makes a computer with a microphone and a webcam spacing and doesnt put the webcam in there!?

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Reading the Manuls on your laptop, not all laptops of your model came with built in webcams. As Vicks said, there should be a lens in the top center frame around the display. If this clear lense is missing then you do not have a webcam.

11. vicks

vicks

You might contact the compaq support site with the serial number of the computer to see if it should have had the web cam installed. If not, you will have to use an external one.....:(
    Vicks

12. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    :mad::mad:! My other webcam sucks! You cant even see a person's face in it!

13. vicks

vicks

Sorry I couldn't be a bearer of better news for you!!!!!.
    Vicks

14. Darkfire77

First Name:
    Joey
    Awwwwwwww, cheesecakes! :mad:

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/991659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice