1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam and black screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Docemu, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Docemu

Docemu Thread Starter

Help, please! Both my daughter and I have identical logitech web cams. We try to talk and see each other in preparation for connecting with her neices in Florida. We both have Vista, AIM 6.5 and Logitech WebCamSTX. We can hear each other but get a black screen. Every once in awhile I can see her but she has been unable to see me. What are we doing wrong?
    She has a cable connection and I have a dsl line.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Is it possible you haven't turned on webcam in the aim system? You have to identify what you want your system and your webcam to do and whether you want others to see you or not. Jazz

3. Docemu

Docemu Thread Starter

I don't know if I have done that. Probably not since I don't know where I tell the program in the AIM program what I want the camera to do. Can you give me a hint where I go to enter that information? I appreciate the help.

4. doggyhairball

doggyhairball

Get yahoo messenger for your web chatting program, it seems to be the easiest program for video and audio. They even have big buttons in the chat dialog boxes for you to invite the other user to see you or hear you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice