1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam and burner problems since XP install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by valley, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

Every since I installed win xp, I cannot use my micro webcam or my CD burner. The program that came with the burner is Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4. I went to try to get an updated driver for it and found out that its not upgradeable. Does this mean I have to go spend another 80 bucks to get the updated program? Isnt there any other way to make it work? Why should I pay more when it worked just fine with Win Me?

Same thing for my mirco webcam from newsoft. I looked to update the driver but cant find a place.

can someone offer advice?

2. mobo

mobo

Hi Valley : This program works well with your burner and the most attractive part is the price.........*FREE*

3. mobo

mobo

Also what model web cam do you have there ?

Drivers

4. valley

valley Thread Starter

it is just called "Micro Webcam Digital Video Camera". The disk says that it is for win 98, SE and 2000 but not for xp pro.

I looked at the list of drivers you gave....can I use one of those, do you think?

Also looking at the link in your earlier post.....thank you so much! :) Its just what I was looking for *free* lol....feels like I am being nickle & dimed to death with this thing!

5. RSM123

RSM123

6. mobo

mobo

Worth a try since you cant use it as it sits now..Just don't change the drivers that are in millenium if you staiil have that system on your drive.

7. valley

valley Thread Starter

Just trying to copy .pdf files from one CD to another. I am in the process of installing Burn4Free right now...if it doesnt work, I'll try thius one. Thanks RSM :)

Mother...will try installing those drivers next, thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice